There’s a new day dawning . . .
December 31, 2010 § Leave a comment
One of the things I remember most about my childhood is this “jingle” for Philippine Airlines. I remember it was from that time when the airline changed hands from government to private. At that time, this was cosmic change, one that everyone thought meant a better everything: service, flying times, food, etc. I loved the promise of this song, that every dawn was an opportunity for something new and exciting to come along. From the number of greetings on my Facebook wall, I am pretty sure I’m not the only one chomping at the bit to get 2010 out of the way and usher in 2011. It’s a bright, shiny new year, full of promise and what looks to be better times. I’ll have to bid 2010 a proper goodbye though, it was admittedly the strangest and toughest year for me. And now, on its last day, I can look back and thumb my nose at it.
TOP TEN THINGS I LEARNED IN 2010
10. There is no try, there is only do.
9. Stop complaining. If you want something badly enough, make it happen.
8. Getting up from doing things half-assed and falling on your fanny hurts now. Stop, look, listen, think before you act.
7. If you need help, ask. The worst that could happen is people will say no. And as you saw, most don’t.
6. Friends are indeed your lifeline. Be a better friend.
5. People can’t show you they care if they don’t know you need it. Speak up.
4. You are not expected to entertain people. Cry if that’s what you feel like doing.
3. There is a whole universe of things you can live without.
2. It only matters in the half hour that it’s happening in.
1. Your life is yours. Live it.